NAPfS Networking Social potluck, with networking, gear & magazine swap, member slideshow, potluck event, and Visual Pursuits demos!
It’s a bonus January 30th meeting, a networking, gear & magazine swap, slideshow, and potluck event! There never seems to be enough time to socialize anyway with the contest critiques and speakers, so this is your chance for NAPfS networking to meet new photo buddies! Bring some prints or a thumb drive with your favorite pictures and we’ll have a slide show. Bring any books, magazines, or old gear you want to swap or give away. We will order some pizza, but bring nonalcoholic beverage or snacks to share too.
Date: Thursday January 30, 2020 from 7:00 – 9:00PM
Location: United Christian Church at 3500 West Parmer Lane, Austin, TX. 78727 – MAP
7:00-7:15 PM Grab your name tag
7:15-7:30 PM Meeting Announcements, Guest & New Member Introductions
7:30-9:00 PM Member slideshow, swap meet, print display, mix n mingle
Pizza will be supplied, but please bring drinks, desserts, etc. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page so that we don't have too much duplication.
Visual Pursuits Demos
The website you are now viewing is the "napfs.org" site hosted by Visual Pursuits. As many of you know, our monthly competition and our entire website operation has moved to Visual Pursuits (https://www.visualpursuits.com). The VP website has many videos to show the use of their site, but there will be demos and a question/answer session at the meeting to familiarize everyone with the new site. Information on joining is at "Organization > NAPfS Membership".
Submit Your Slideshow Photos
Slideshow will highlight NAPfS members’ work. All members are welcome to participate, regardless of award status (or not) from previous meeting contests. Each member can upload up to four photos for the slideshow. Slideshow images must be uploaded to the Visual Pursuits website and added to the “January 20, 2020 Social Meeting Slideshow” gallery. Please note that each member must upload her/his own photos to the Visual Pursuits website; no one else is allowed to do it for you.
The required file parameters are:
- Less than 4 megabytes (MB) file size
- Recommended Bounding Box: 3840 x 2160
- File Format: JPG
- Color Profile: sRGB
Instructions for Adding Photos to the Slideshow Gallery
- You must have a Visual Pursuits account.
- Login to your Visual Pursuits account at
- Upload any photos that you wish to show by going to “My Account > My Image Library” and click on “Upload Images”.
- When your images are uploaded, go to “Galleries” (top-level menu item).
- Click on the “Manage Galleries” button.
- Click on the “spin down” indicator (small triangle) to the left of the “Meetings” entry, then click on “Edit and Upload Images” on the “January 30, 2020, Social Meeting Slideshow”.
- Click on “Add Images from my Image Library”.
- Select the images that you wish to add to the gallery.
- Click on “Save updates to image order”.
Got lenses, bodies, tripods, or other accessories you want to swap or sell? Bring them on out! You can also bring out photography books, magazines, whatever you have.
We love seeing your work, and actually printing it out is a singular experience worth doing. Bring what you have and share what you do!
Work can be on any medium, framed or not, just print it out and show us your stuff.
Looking forward to seeing you there – and, bring a guest! This is the perfect time to show them how much fun we have and how friendly our group is to all.